President Obama and his administration refused to release the names of the Muslims with whom he met the day before his pathetic National Prayer Breakfast speech. It took a great deal of pressure from real Americans to gain the release of those names. And then it was quietly added to the February 11 press briefing without explanation.
The list as published by Allen West (2/11/15) is reprinted here.
- “Imam Mohamed Magid, who preaches at a fundamentalist Northern Virginia mosque that has listed a number of trustees and major donors whose offices and homes were raided after 9/11 by federal agents on suspicion of funding terrorists.
- “Azhar Azeez, president of the Islamic Society of North America, a known radical Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas front group that remains on the Justice Department’s list of unindicted terrorist co-conspirators.
- “Sherman Jackson, who as the King Faisal Chair of Islamic Thought at USC, once gave a lecture at a conference in Toronto that has been described by “Campus Watch” as a “call to battle” between Muslims and the West.
- “Hoda Hawa (Elshishtawy) national policy analyst for the Muslim Public Affairs Council, which was founded by known members of the Muslim Brotherhood, a worldwide jihadist movement. The group’s former president, Salam al-Marayati, was once kicked off the National Commission on Terrorism after his defense of terrorist acts and the groups who carry them out was revealed.
- “It’s noteworthy that no representatives of the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations, a terror-tied group the FBI has banned from outreach events, were invited to the White House. The FBI says CAIR is a ‘front’ for the Hamas terrorist group.”
So, it appears that Obama framed his speech after speaking with known enemies of the United States and of the civilized world. Now, a few days later he asks for Congressional approval to “fight ISIS” on a very limited basis. I suspect that he will play out the scenario; appearing to fight ISIS while limiting any real damage to those he seems to respect. Meanwhile, he will continue to take direction from the terrorists themselves.