TPNN (1/27/15) noted that “During a speech in 2009, Obama pledged that not only would his signature legislation of Obamacare cost ‘only’ $900 billion, or $30,000 per person insured, but also promised that it would not add one dime to the deficit. Both of these claims have been revealed in a new CBO report to be lies.
“The Daily Mail broke down the report that demonstrates just how much of a negative economic impact Obamacare will have on the American taxpayer. At the same time, it also shows that Obama and the Democrats lied to the people as they were passing this monstrosity along party lines.
- “Every insured person under Obamacare will cost the American taxpayer $50,000.
- Taxpayers will be forced by the government to spend $1.993 trillion ($1,993,000,000,000) over the next 10 years on Obamacare to provide subsidies to offset the cost of Obamacare for some and expand Medicaid and CHIP.
- $643 billion in new taxes and penalties thrust upon the American taxpayer will be taken in.
- The net cost will be $1.35 trillion to result in between 24 million and 27 million fewer Americans being uninsured.
- Despite the massive cost, between 29 million and 31 million Americans will still be uninsured.
“The data was buried in a 15-page section of the CBO’s new budget outlook.”
The Heritage Foundation has offered additional data.
This is the legacy that Obama is leaving for our children and their children. Whenever government gets involved in anything it is a disaster. Welcome to one of the biggest disasters of our time.