Paul Farhi of the Washington Post (June 12, 2013) reported that the elite media and Washington have an issue. They are too cozy! Farhi gave examples of relationships that might well breach ethical standards.
1. Claire Shipman, Senior National Correspondent for ABC’s Good Morning America, is married to President Obama’s former White House Press Secretary, Jay Carney.
2. ABC News President Ben Sherwood is the brother of Elizabeth Sherwood-Randall, a top White House National Security Council official who was recently confirmed as the Department of Energy’s Deputy Secretary.
3. Another pair of major network/White House siblings is CBS President David Rhodes and his brother Ben. Ben is the President’s Deputy National Security Advisor for Strategic Communications.
4. Susan Rice, the White House’s National Security Advisor, is the wife of former ABC News executive producer Ian Cameron.
5. Hillary Clinton’s former Deputy Secretary is married to CNN deputy bureau chief Virginia Moseley.
6. Former ABC reporter Matt Jaffe is married to Deputy Press Secretary Katie Hogan.
We know that the elite media has given up all pretense of being objective. But these cozy relationships reflect something beyond bias. They reflect incest that is destructive to all Americans.