Ethics and morality will be a frequent topics for consideration within this blog. To get started I want to make a few small points:
1. The entertainment industry is doing everything possible to destroy the moral and ethical framework that has contributed to the strength and growth of America. Most recently this was apparent during the recent Grammy Award show when Chris Brown was highlighted on three separate occasions. As you will recall, Brown beat his wife Rihanna in 2009, the night before that year’s Grammy Award show. The entertainment industry apparently thought nothing of it. In addition, during the Super Bowl halftime show, some “entertainer” going by the name M.I.A. gave the world the finger while other women humped on the stage. Neither the NFL nor the network saw anything seriously wrong with that either.
This is just one way that the entertainment industry is working to destroy the moral fabric of this country. One of the most obvious (and one that will be discussed at length in the future) is the fact that the Hollywood elite not only accept homosexuality in those who may be truly genetically homosexual but promote homosexuality as a healthy lifestyle to the entire population.
2. America’s elite media is not only in league with the entertainment industry, it part of the entertainment industry. As such it is able to sway millions of people who watch the news for entertainment rather than for fact. In addition, the elite media (e.g., the NY Times and Time Magazine among others) have already been implicated in hiding the attempt by the .1% to create a new world order (see “New World Order” series below).
3. America’s elementary and secondary school systems along with colleges and universities are also doing their share to undermine American values by sweeping academic cheating under the rug and by teaching moral relativism. For example, the Educational Testing Service reported that 75% to 98% of all college students cheat and do not feel the stigma for doing so that would have been present in the past. Even administrators and instructors see cheating as a minor issue. The Educational Testing Service noted that cheating is no longer viewed as “morally reprehensible” by both students and educators but as “morally disagreeable”. Parents also play a role in this redefinition as many believe that “anything goes” as their little darlings try to get into the best schools and the best jobs. (see also Davis, Orinan, and Gallant, Cheating in School, 2009).
Just as a huge majority of students cheat, so does a huge majority support same sex marriage. According to a UCLA freshman survey, 71.3% of entering freshmen fit this category. Moral relativism crosses topic areas.
4. America’s court system is further destroying principles of morality and ethics through its judicial decisions. Activist judges rewrite law instead of interpreting it. The most offensive recent example is that of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals which overruled the people of California who stated that marriage is defined as being between a man and a woman. This is wrong in many ways. Most notably, the people of California spoke and were minimized by a few morons serving on an appeals panel. Secondly, the panel used the old argument that same sex marriage is protected under the U.S. Constitution’s “Equal Protection Clause”. Because they are activist judges, they interpret the Constitution in any way they choose. In truth, every American citizen IS protected under the “Equal Protection Clause” because all Americans have the right to marry a person of the opposite sex. THAT is equal protection.
5. Attorneys and organizations such as the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) are doing their part to destroy the moral fabric of the nation through unending litigation. Attempt to discuss religion in schools? No way. Attempt to erect a cross in a public park or public building. That is not going to happen. Attempt to voice concern over the promotion of homosexuality in the schools or in public meetings? You will face attack, and often, litigation. Attempt to defend yourself in school from bullies? You will be expelled. Attempt to use a gun to protect your home and family from criminals? Be careful. It is YOU who must prove your actions legitimate.
And, of course, the ACLU defends the Occupy Wall Street anarchists. It also defends pedophile organizations such as NAMBLA (North American Man/Boy Love Association) while attacking the Boy Scouts of America. The best way to destroy a nation is by destroying the trust of its children and the ACLU is doing all it can to do just that. The next best way to destroy a nation is to destroy the sense of security held by its citizens. That is just what the ACLU is trying to do when it sues the government over the government’s right to create and act upon a “no-fly-list” to keep potential terrorists out of airplanes.
6. America’s municipal, county, state, and federal governing bodies are attempting to legislate and regulate away any last vestiges of the moral and ethical strength that is America. This is true at all levels of government. Cities basically steal people’s cars during snow storms and suffer no consequences. Cities tell you when your business can have lights on and whether or not you can allow people to smoke and where. Federal and state governments tax us multiple times on the same earnings using different terms such as health taxes, user fees, sales taxes, income taxes, property taxes, state taxes, and federal taxes. Government at all levels is becoming closer and closer to the progressive (i.e., communist, socialist, fascist, islamist) governments that Americans have fought since the birth of our nation.
And let us not forget regulation that can and has put thousands of businesses out of business based on the whim of a few power hungry political activists who want the America that matches their socialist ideal.
So, this is an introduction to further discussion on ethics and morality and how both are being destroyed before our very eyes. As you will have noted, there is a real inter-relationship between each of the segments of society listed. Each segment both promotes depravity and moral relativism while reflecting it back to Americans who begin to see it as “normal”. It is when our freedoms are eroded slowly that we don’t notice and come to see the “new world order” as normal. When that happens we are on the way to destruction. More in future commentaries.